A CPA Dream
Based on April 2019 Board of Accountancy record there are 175,000 Certified Public Accountants (CPA) in the Philippines. Are you one of those who are planning to pursue a career in Accountancy and dreaming of becoming a CPA?…
PUBLISHED: SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
Based on April 2019 Board of Accountancy record there are 175,000 Certified Public Accountants (CPA) in the Philippines. Are you one of those who are planning to pursue a career in Accountancy and dreaming of becoming a CPA?
After finishing a secondary education, an Accounting degree must be taken. To give you an idea on where to enroll, here are the Top Performing Schools for Accountancy in the Philippines as of April 2019:
- University of Santo Tomas, Manila
- De La Salle University, Manila
- Far Eastern University, Manila
- Holy Angel University, Angeles City
- University of San Jose-Recoletos, Cebu City
- University of the East, Manila
- Ateneo de Davao University, Davao City
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Manila
- Saint Louis University, Baguio City
After finishing an Accounting Degree, you are now qualified to become a CPA. But first, let us know more about the tasks of a Certified Public Accountants.
- Prepare and maintain financial statements and reports
- Examine statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with laws and standards
- Ensure proper documentation, filing, and payment of taxes
- Inspect account books and systems and keep them up to date
- Improve business systems to make them more effective and efficient
- Recommend ways to increase revenues, drive down costs, and maximize profit
- Deliver auditing and assurance services for businesses and individuals
To become a Certified Public Accountant or CPA after having a diploma in Accountancy, a graduate must Pass the CPA Licensure Examination, which is administered by the Board of Accountants under the supervision of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
The Licensure Examination is conducted twice a year, in May and in October every year. And the scope of the exam is Financial Accounting and Reporting, Advanced Accounting, Auditing, Management and Advisory Services, Regulatory Framework for Business Transactions and Taxation.
CPAs have an important role in different institutions, whether in Government or in Private Sectors. So dream big! In becoming a CPA there are no quick shortcuts but hard work, perseverance and pure dedication.