Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) | 74th ANC 2019 Laoag City
PUBLISHED: MARCH 16, 2021
QNE Software Philippines, Inc. co-presented the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) 74th Annual National Convention held in Laoag City last November 20-23, 2019. The 4-day event was joined by thousands of Accountants from all over the country. It is the first time for the Sunshine City of Laoag to host the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) 74th Annual National Convention spearheaded by PICPA National President FY 2019-2020, Ms. Evelyn S. Corpuz. During the event, QNE offers Accounting and Payroll Software that tailored fit to the Philippine setting.
The first day of the convention started with the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) Chapter President’s Meeting and ended with a Hawaiian themed dinner at the SOLA Hotel. While the following days were filled with learning and business opportunities to the attendees from different sectors. On the last day of the convention, the accountants were scheduled to have group tours around the breathtaking land of Ilocos. Ever wonder what tour attractions the region holds?
Here are some places to visit when going to Ilocos:
- La Paz Sand Dunes. Seeking for a thrilling adventure? Try a 4×4 ride around Laoag’s Sand Dune, get a glimpse of the long coastal beach and capture memorable moments.
- Paoay Church. The 300-year-old Catholic Church made of coral stones and brick is one of the historical landmarks that the Ilocos region holds. Perfect for visit for contemplation.
- Baluarte Zoo. Owned by the politician and businessman, Mr. Chavit Singsong, the park holds the Salary Gallery containing his hunting trophies. The zoo also promotes conservation and protection of endangered species.
- Hidden Garden. As the name suggest, Hidden Garden is a restaurant and pasalubong center tucked in the middle of Vigan City. Serving authentic Ilocano dishes, it is a must-try restaurant.
- Malacañang of the North. The Presidential suite served as the former Philippine-President Ferdinand E. Marcos’ family’s official residence when staying in Ilocos. It is now consisting of 7 large rooms each representing historical events during Marcos’ era: Study, Agriculture, Diplomacy, OFW, Culture, Nation Building and Family
- Sinking Bell Tower. The 45-meter bell tower is Laoag’s landmark that is very hard to miss. This tower serves as the bell to St. William’s Cathedral that is 85 meters away. The heaviness of the tower combined with the sandy foundations, coined the term “Sinking” Bell Tower.
- Bangui Windmills. Is a wind farm located in Bangui that holds 26 wind turbines that supplies 40% of Ilocos Norte’s electricity. It is a great escape from the city with its relaxing winds and calming sea waves.
- La Preciosa Restaurant. After a day filled with adventure, it’s now time to fill the stomach. Another restaurant serving great Ilocano food is La Preciosa located in the heart of Laoag. Don’t forget the dessert, this restaurant also serves one of the best Carrot Cakes in town.
QNE team was lucky enough to be part of one the most renowned events of the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) in the one of the most historical cities in the country and experience the beauty of the land and greatness of its people.
Check out the fun that happened during the PHILIPPINE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS (PICPA) 74TH ANUUAL NATIONAL CONVENTION
If you are interested in upgrading to a BIR-Ready Online Accounting System, QNE Software PH is offering a FREE 1-on-1 Consultation with QNE Experts. Take this opportunity to explore and discover how QNE can help your business. Signup now.