How to know if the Accounting System is BIR Ready?
Before pursuing an Accounting System, a company must consider the BIR Readiness of the System for the business to eliminate the possibility of acquiring a new BIR Accounting System that already complies with the Bureau of Internal…
Published Date: July 1, 2019
Before pursuing an Accounting System, a company must consider the BIR Readiness of the System for the business to eliminate the possibility of acquiring a new BIR Accounting System that already complies with the Bureau of Internal Revenue’s (BIR) requirements for accredited Computerized Accounting Software (CAS). How to know if the Accounting System is BIR Ready?
For the businesses in the Philippines, there are rules and regulations that must be followed, one of these is for BIR Accounting System especially for Large Taxpayers who are required to use CAS. There are key features that an Accounting System possesses for it to be accredited by the BIR.
BIR Accounting Software Features:
- Recording of Books of Accounts. Books of Account is the recording of daily business transactions. The record is required when a Taxpayer applies for Certificate of Registration (COR).
- Generation of BIR Forms and Reports. These documents must include, Summary List of Sales (SLS), Summary List of Purchases (SLP), Semestral List of Regular Suppliers (SRS), BIR Form 2550M, BIR Form 2550Q, BIR Form 1601-EQ, BIR Form 0619-E and BIR Form 1604-E and BIR Certificate 2307.
- Audit Trail. To keep track of the transactions made in the BIR Accounting System an Audit Trail recording must be available for the database security. The Audit Trail record must include the date and time, event, username, machine used, document number and document type.
- Module Based Reporting. Reports must include Financial Reports like, General Ledger, Subsidiary Ledger of Debtor, Subsidiary Ledger of Creditor, Trial Balance, Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Comprehensive Income, Sales and Purchases related reports and Stock Reports.
- Accountable Forms. These are the forms namely, Sales Invoice, Billing Invoice, Official Receipt, Delivery Order for companies that maintain Stock Items, Payment Voucher, Purchase Invoice, Purchase Order, Journal Voucher, Collection/ Acknowledgement or Provisional Receipts.
There are several Software Companies in the Philippines who provides BIR Accounting System that includes the above-mentioned features. On of these software companies is QNE Sofware Philippines, Inc., who developed a powerful BIR Accounting System that complies with the requirements of a Computerized Accounting System (CAS).
US Attorney Paul McNutty once said, “If you think that compliance is expensive – try non-compliance.”
To know more dial 02 5674248 or 02 5674253 and visit QNE Software Philippines Inc. website for a Free Product Demonstration.