2023 Guide: Computerized Accounting System BIR Requirements
PUBLISHED: May 19, 2023
Completing the Computerized Accounting System BIR requirements for CAS registration is vital for legal compliance, avoiding penalties, ensuring transparency, facilitating efficient tax audits, and enhancing business credibility. When you complete all the paperwork needed to get CAS registered, your business can operate smoothly, maintain accurate records, and contribute to a transparent and fair tax system.
It’s time to get on top of government-compliance tasks. Are you looking for clarity on what to prepare in applying for Computerized Accounting System BIR Requirements? Let us simplify it for you in this article.
Ever since the BIR launched the Computerized Accounting System, there have been a few changes in BIR CAS Application. Click to read more.
The following are the Documentary Requirements you need for Computerized Accounting System BIR Requirements. Understand that there are 2 categories: Initial Application to Adopt CAS And or Components Thereof, and Application for System Enhancement/Modification. For the 1st category, the Computerized Accounting System BIR Requirements have subcategories: Company Profile and Technical Requirements. For the 2nd category, there are only 2. You may use this as a checklist.
A. Initial Application to Adopt CAS And or Components Thereof
- Accomplished BIR Form 1900 (Application for Authority to Adopt Computerized Accounting System (CAS) and/or Components Thereof/Loose-leaf Books of Accounts, 2002 Enhanced version)
- BIR Form 1907 (Application for Permit to Use Cash Register Machine/Point of Sale Machine, 2002 Enhanced Version)
- Photocopy of BIR Certificate of Registration
- Photocopy of Previously Issued Permit, if applicable
- Photocopy of Current Registration Fee Payment
- Location map of the place of business
- Inventory of previously approved unused Invoices and receipts, if applicable
- List of branches that will use CAS, if any
- Application Name and Software Used (Development & Database)
- Functions and Features of the application
- Back-up Procedure, Disaster and Recovery Plan
- List of Reports and Correspondences that can be generated from the system with their description, purpose and sample layout
- Facsimile of System Generated Loose-leaf Books of Accounts and List thereof / Receipts / Invoices
- Additional requirements in case of affiliated companies/sister companies, franchisees and branches:
- Photocopy of previously issued permit for mother/sister company or another branch using the same system, if applicable
- Certification from the Computerized System Evaluation Team (CSET), which previously evaluated the approve system
B. Application for System Enhancement/Modification
- Photocopy of the previously issued Permit to Adopt CAS or Components Thereof; and
- Letter to the BIR detailing the enhancement/modification to be made on the previously approved CAS or Components Thereof.
You may wonder if your current accounting system is BIR-CAS Compliant. Check out this blog about CAS Registration BIR FAQs.
Make your efforts for Computerized Accounting System BIR Requirements worthwhile! To ensure that fulfilling the Computerized Accounting System BIR Requirements leads to you finally using a BIR-Ready and CAS-ready accounting system, you can ask the QNE Team by booking a FREE “Get CAS Registered with QNE” consultation, you may also claim your 60 Days FREE Accounting Software Philippines License. Click down below to experience QNE Cloud Accounting!